Longmont Plumbing Services
Longmont Water Conservation
Tips for Outdoor Water Conservation:sprinkler
- Make sure your irrigation system is functioning properly.
- Get a FREE sprinkler inspection (also known as an irrigation audit) from the Center for ReSource
- Conservation, a non-profit partner in Longmont’s efforts to conserve water.
- Do not water lawn or gardens more than two days per week.
- Do not water lawns or gardens between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm.
- Adjust irrigation heads to avoid overspray onto the sidewalks and streets.
- Adjust the automatic irrigation controller at least once per month to account for changes in weather.
- Consider installing a rain shutoff device; at the very least, don’t water when it’s raining.
- Water deeply for deep root growth. Use cycle irrigation, with an hour between cycles, to allow water to soak into the soil and reduce runoff.
- Select sprinklers that water evenly, in a low pattern, and with large droplets.
- Use a broom rather than a hose to clean decks, patios, and driveways.
- Wash your car with soapy water from a bucket. Only use the hose to rinse.
- Visit the Colorado State University’s Cooperative Extension website for more great tips for getting a green lawn while still reducing water use, including information for watering during drought and/or watering restrictions.
Smart Lawn Watering
For water-wise lawn watering and outdoor water conservation, the City suggests following the lawn watering schedules recommended in the Drought Response Plan and outlined below
Suggested Voluntary Lawn Watering Schedule.
- Sunday: Residential (single family and duplexes) EVEN Addresses
- Monday: No Watering
- Tuesday: Non-Residential (commercial, multi-family, multi-family, homeowner’s associations, other)
- Wednesday: Residential (single family and duplexes) ODD Addresses
- Thursday: Residential (single family and duplexes) EVEN Addresses
- Friday: Non-Residential (commercial, multi-family, multi-family, homeowner’s associations, other)
- Saturday: Residential (single family and duplexes) ODD Addresses