Colorado Green Plumbing offers Radiant Floor Heating Services
Radiant floor (underfloor) heating is one of the best heating bargains available today. It keeps the rooms in your home warm, and is quite noiseless and very energy efficient. The best part is that you can heat all the rooms in your house or supplement just a room or two of your choice. Colorado Green Plumbing Services is your number one choice for designing, repairing or installing top grade radiant in-floor heating systems in your house. Whether you want heat in 1 or 2 rooms, or the entire house, we’ve got you covered.
How does Radiant Floor Heating work?
With radiant heating, warmth rises evenly from below, ensuring that the general room temperature remains uniform from top to bottom. This is especially great in bathrooms. Other heating options which require forced air technology depend on air circulation, but with radiant heating, rather than air blowing around there is hot water circulating below. This means less stirred up dust and allergens in the air.
The radiant floor heating system achieves indoor climate control through thermal (sun-level) conduction and radiation. This is not as complicated as it sounds; simply put, heat is created and concentrated in the floor by embedding special tubing in a concrete foundation. The floor is usually a thin concrete mixture placed on top of a wood-framed floor or an underfloor installation. Heated water is pumped through the special tubing, warming the thermal mass of concrete or wood. This will gently warm up the room or a complete house, and provides consistent heating levels and comfort without wasting energy or money.
As with any other heating system, your radiant heating system needs to be regularly maintained and will sometimes develop problems and require repairs. When your radiant heating system develops a problem, it can result in an extremely stressful situation; this doesn’t have to be the case. If you’re looking to maintain, repair or install your radiant heating system, Colorado Green Plumbing Services can help you.
We have two types of radiant floor heating systems:
- Electric: This radiant floor heating system uses electric resistance cables to produce heat. It popularly features several insulated cables embedded in thin mats that can be installed anywhere in the house. Including: under tiles, stone, engineered wood, and laminate floors.
- Hot water: (Hydronic heating) This uses heated water which is circulated through cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubing. This tube is usually embedded in extra thick plywood subfloor panels or mortar that has pre-cut patterns for holding the tubing in place.
Radiant heating systems can help you save large amounts in energy bills while still providing better comfort when compared to other conventional heating systems. Radiant heating is compatible with most boilers, pumps and solar heat sources. Radiant heating is also compatible with any type of floor covering, whether carpet, wood, slate, tile, linoleum, or concrete. This makes customization design possibilities endless. Also, radiant heating systems work independently, this means that different areas of a home can have heat at different temperatures.
Radiant heating benefits include:
- Reduces cold spots by concentrating heat evenly close to the floor
- Eliminates noisy fans, furnaces and machinery, as well as cold drafts
- Integrates seamlessly with alternative energy sources, including solar, geothermal, and biomass.
- Presents huge savings of up to 40% in energy costs.
- Reduces the amount of dust and other airborne pollutants in the air
- Presents a more aesthetically pleasing environment with major components concealed under the floor
- Has alternative uses like melting snow and ice off sidewalks and driveways.
If you’re looking to maintain, repair or install your Radiant In-Floor Heating system, Colorado Green Plumbing Services can help you. We are your best, most-trusted option for fast, quick, and professional local service for the installation, repair, and maintenance of all radiant heating systems.